Using the right words in the right place
Using language that is both precise and error-free is essential to avoid misunderstandings and avoid damage to your reputation.
If you’re looking for someone to whom those things come naturally, then you’ve come to the right place. During my career, I’ve copyedited over 1000 scientific manuscripts, worked on hundreds of pieces of commercial literature, and compiled company guidelines on brand voice, writing style and terminology.
So what’s my approach? When writing or editing your text, I will:
- Pay rigorous attention to spelling, grammar, punctuation and sentence structure.
- Ensure that the language style is appropriate for the type of content, and aligns with your organisation’s brand.
- Double-check that what is said is exactly what is meant.
- Ensure that the text flows to build a strong proposition.
- Use headers that emphasise the main message.
- Keep the text concise without sacrificing nuances in meaning.
My writing experience gives you confidence that your literature will be prepared to the highest possible standards of clarity. You’ll also save time, because you won’t have to laboriously check and re-check the text for errors or inconsistencies.
And when it’s time for the proof corrections, that’s no problem – I’ll diligently and quickly implement them, so you can get the final piece released without delay.